HAPPY FRIDAY! (Sorry I have been having trouble uploading all meditation videos, that is why the delay, there will be a link that you will need to click to go to the video, I have been at this for two days!)
Despite everything happening in the world today, you are part of change. Change in consciousness and change in the way we manifest. Don’t let fear guide your actions and remember that you are light. Let’s speak of fear, I am going to use what our media has been bombarding us with these days.
Here is the definition of fear: is a negative thought that is provoked when an incoming threat is perceived by the body. The response will be different for everyone and every situation but it begins in the mind and effects show on the body.
So at this moment the news, media which is on every platform (Instagram, facebook, websites, emails, news, postings, and outside in the community) is creating a state of fear, to a point where people’s mental health is going to start getting impacted. YES, of course we need to be aware but not placed in a state of consistent fear. Fear is one of the negative emotions that is in the mind and is easy to beat. Fear is natural to humans, but let it not effect your mind, as it is nothing but the body’s natural response to stimuli. It can become very difficult to cope with extreme cause of fear but conditioning the mind through meditation and counselling helps overcome those fears. This is WHY, I want all of you to participate in these meditations and guided journal/notes entries. AT this very moment we need to balance our MINDS as the world appears different and a bit chaotic. This alone is making us all feel uncomfortable, uneasy and wondering when will our life come back to as it was.
Welcome to Day 6!
Visual TASK for today: According to the emotional brain training our brain is reward driven and our need for love and gratitude should never be overlooked. Also creating a mindfulness routine in the shower creates a peaceful morning!
- As you lie in bed, before fully waking, imagine your bedroom filled with close family members, pets and friends. Just before you open your eyes, listen for their enthusiastic applause.
- Now open your eyes and see their smiling faces. As you gently wipe any residue of sleep from your eyes, stand before your loved ones with a bright, beaming smile and throw your arms out in a wide embrace. If you live alone text the first person that pops into your mind and offer a gratitude statement.
- Before you turn on the shower, take a moment to acknowledge that the next few minutes are all you are concerned about. Decide to give all your attention to the experience of showering, just as it is this morning. Place meditation music in the bathroom.
- As you step into the shower, notice how the water gushes over you like a waterfall. Allow yourself to experience the different sensations this creates on the skin: the warmth, the soft pressure. Feel your wet hair on your head, and the touch of your hands as you wash.
- Turn your attention to the sounds you can hear… the hiss of the water as it comes out of the showerhead and the way in which it drums on the hard walls and floor. Be aware of any of the sounds that occur… opening of the shampoo bottle, and the feel of washing your hair.
- Look around you and notice the patterns that the water and the condensation make on the walls, the colour of the soap or shampoo. Be in the moment and enjoy these great joys that we miss as they make just what we do.
- Place a few drops, of lavender oil and experience the aromas, the smell of the soap, the smell of your skin and embrace these smells.
- When your attention wanders bring it back to the sensations of your morning shower.
- When you finish your shower, turn off the water, noticing how that action makes you feel. Step out carefully. Gently dry yourself with a soft towel, pausing to take note of how that feels and sounds.
- Take a moment or two breaths deeply before getting on with your morning routine.
Please click this link below and it will take you to the meditation video:
- Today and always, I give what I want to receive”
I hope you will have fun with using a mindfulness visual task as this is such a great way to get in touch with our senses! This is not something we remember to do! Enjoy your day with fun activities and full of so much love💗
Quote for the day: “ Look at a tree, a flower, a plant. Let your awareness rest upon it. How still they are, how deeply rooted in being. Allow nature to teach you stillness.”
I encourage you all to find a tree and hug it. You embrace the trees energy and the tree takes your negative energy. It is an exchange nature does with you! I hugged a tree yesterday along the Humber river and I felt so refreshed!
A beautiful day to you all,