Our world is too beautiful to not be able to explore it’s beauty! The ocean has always been my escape and where I feel at peace! This is a place in my home country Portugal, in the south of Lisbon! I can’t wait, for the day to hop on a plane and see all my family! That will be the first thing I do! What will be the first thing you will do, when we get back to some normalcy?
Hello my dear friends! I was actually hoping to hear from you all… how have you been? Where are you all located and how has social distancing appeared in your communities? This whole situation has had me question many things, as everyday, the government comes out with new ways in how this virus survives. If you pay attention to everything you hear, you begin to hear misinformation and not all information is accurate. When you actually watch our leaders on TV, you notice that they are not social distancing and that makes you wonder?! Also China is almost up and running… their ports are open and many stores. In a sense that makes you hopeful but in North America parts of the world are working/moving and other parts are not… I don’t know… something to make you go hmmm… just some thoughts!
Gratitude is a choice, and we can create it at any moment in our lives. Over time this will become the norm for you, to wake up and feel gratitude for starting a new day, seeing your children’s smile, a phone call from a good friend, a lovely text, and the list keeps growing! Lets begin our tasks you beautiful people:
- Keeping an actual gratitude journal, which I hope you all did start! Use your pens, markers, pencils… it has its own kind of freedom!
- Give yourselves reminders throughout the day. Acknowledge your day, the sunshine, or what made you smile. Try to think of something grateful, every time you open a door!
- Say it out loud: tell those around you that you appreciate them, give them compliments, let them know you are thinking of them! Did you know building a life built on gratitude gives you many more years!
Even though our current situation is so surreal to me, gratitude saves me each morning and each night! It allows me to forget and appreciate my day in the moment! I do get out everyday for a walk and that I am so grateful for. To be able to still smell SPRING makes me smile! As I have mentioned SPRING is one of my most favourite months, as it is out with the old and in with the new! Pay attention to all the BUDS growing and acknowledge their new growths… new life is around us each day and the NEWS can’t change that!
Lets have some FUN:
- What is your favourite colour? Why?
- What is your favourite foods? Why?
- What is your favourite animal? Why?
- Normal to you is….
- Weird to you is….
- Define love to you….
“Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.”
Letters to write: Write an honest thank you letter to yourself… Forgive someone: write a letter releasing those conflicts… Writer a letter about what brings tears to your eyes…
Finally some self care tools for you:
- Put a few drops of essential oils on your shower floor for steam… lavender, peppermint or lemon
- Practice mindfulness, intentional breathing for at least one minute.
- Put your phone away for 1 hour prior to bed.
- Step outside, get fresh air!
- Watch a funny video
- Curl up with a hot cup of tea or cocoa
- Reach out for support
- Do a puzzle or word search
- Listen to meditation music
- Journal your thoughts
- Colour – adult colouring books
- Read positive affirmations
- Read a good book
Remember one step is better than no steps. I do not set goals because I’m not good enough or worthy. I set goals because I want to be better. I want to maximize my life and live intentionally. I want to thrive in the things I love and not just survive each day! So I share all this with the world to find what drives you to get up each day and build on that each day! Today is to bring a spring to our feet, feel lighthearted and feel a positive vibration!
Click here for your meditation today:
My friends the beauty of meditation is it truly calms your energy, uplifts your spirit and heals your soul. I recommend having your children join in! Begin with having meditation in the background as they do their school work, eating meals or going to sleep! It is one of my most favourite tools and I wish I had embraced this many years ago! I send you all so much love, peace and joy for all of this week! Turn the news off for a few days, we will not miss too much! Your mind will thank you dearly!