Since my last post I have been practicing more mindfulness so I am able to balance all the information coming at us on a daily basis.💕💕
Can you imagine everyday we get bombarded by the news on new numbers, new rules, new fines and so much more. It does not end here cause then social media bombards you with all of your interests and opinions, on their platforms! 😊
It becomes overwhelming and confusing, so balance is definitely needed! It is important to know what is happening as too much is changing…🙏
For my myself I need to know and understand these vaccinations so completely breaking free is not yet possible! As I most likely will refuse getting vaccinated and am gather legal information so I can fight! I have secured a lawyer, as for some reason this time around you can lose your job if you refuse the vaccinations. I won’t get into this as I can not understand the logic around this one… my life my choice… once people are vaccinated who needs to worry about those who are not… ah… so many unknowns! So we will get into all the good things for our minds!
Mindfulness is so important for balancing our souls in today’s world. As each of us is battling our own ideas, opinions, political stance and so forth. 💕
Here are mindfulness activities:
- Light your favorite candle, sit comfortably, and watch the flame sway and flicker. “This is actually a form of meditation. Gaze at the candle for five to 10 minutes and let your mind wander. Observe your thoughts. Let them pass without judgement.
- Have a cup of tea and drink it slowly. Draw your attentions to the sensations, smells, & sounds you observe as you begin your tea.
- Pay attention to the colour, the sound of the kettle, the shape of your mug, the scent, it’s taste, and how it feels in your body.
- Pay attention to your thoughts and quiet them. Keep noticing the changes of your tea, the calm feeling, the texture and air with that for a few minutes.
Mindfulness is knowing what you are doing, how it feels and being in that moment. It sounds simple but it is not… as we wander often in our minds. You need to teach your mind to focus, be in the moment and not wander off. It takes a daily practice. Today, many are not only on their phones but watching a show at the same time and having a conversation. That is a lot of activity for the mind and we have trained the mind to be scattered. This has huge impacts on calmness, organization, memory, and health.
Training your brain:
- Doing breath awareness meditation
- Performing mindful stretches (such as yoga)
- Taking a meditative nature walk
The brain benefits come from consistency of practice, so make this a daily ritual, a designated time for self-care, even if it is just 10 minutes each day.