Cauldrons: potions, mystic, and spells
Cauldrons: It is a symbol of rebirth, transformation, and wisdom. Linked to the goddess, Cerridwem, Taliesin and Dagda. Cauldrons have always been magical in bringing friends & families together to celebrate festivals & events & magick. It is created in a cast iron that has been used for decades and is long lasting as is LOVE. Cauldrons have been reclaimed by witches that create magical moments by connecting through their creativity, herbal magick and celebrating humanity first. The world of witches wholeheartedly believes in connection & community.
Lets now manifest through the goddess mentioned here:
- Cerridwern: This Celtic goddess was multifaceted.She rules the moon, magick, nature, and astrology. She will always nourish you through embracing the magick of the cauldron.
- Dagda: In Celtic mythology, Irish god of fertility; husband of Brigit or a goddess. He possessed a magic cauldron that could feed the whole earth. Sometimes he is called the Lord of Great Knowledge because he possessed all wisdom.
- Taliesin: Cerridewern, mother of the poet Taliesin (and perhaps therefore a patroness of poets). She possesses a cauldron in which a magical wisdom-granting brew can be concocted. Taliesin is a mythical figure, and one of the greatest Welsh poets. The story of the mythical Taliesin – whose name means “Radiant Brow” shows the esoteric arts of poetry-to stir the cauldron of inspiration.
Here are many ways to use a cauldron:
How to burn incense, in a cauldron on a charcoal disc: Fill a heat proof incense bowl or censer with something like sand or split. This will provide some much-needed insulation for your burner. Charcoal can burn at a high temp. Form a cone shape with whatever medium you filled your burner and place the charcoal tablet at the peak. This will allow air to flow around the charcoal. Place a charcoal tablet on the sand and light the edge. If it’s self-igniting charcoal you will see tiny sparks as you light it and it will ignite quickly so never hold it in your hand! If you need to hold the charcoal over an open flame to ignite it, use tweezers or tongs to hold it. Place your charcoal in your burner with the hollow facing up. Use the “bowl” to hold your incense ingredients. Wait until the charcoal is glowing red hot and is covered with greyish-white ash. When ready sprinkle a pinch or two of incense (e.g., resin, dried herbs, etc.) directly on top of the hot charcoal. The incense will begin to smoulder. Be careful not to place too much incense on the charcoal or you may smother it and you’ll have to start over. When the smoke begins to thin out, add more incense. The charcoal will stay hot enough to burn incense for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Moon Water is considered magical and sacred for pagans, witches, and anyone interested in Nature Spirituality. It’s similar to consecrated Holy Water in Christianity and is frequently used for cleansing and purifying rituals. There is a delicate and intimate connection between the Moon and water. Up to 60% of the human adult body is made up of water, and the Moon can affect our body the same way it does the ocean’s tides and the weather. Moon Water is any water that has absorbed the energy of the Moon during ANY phase, although it’s most popular to place it beneath a Full Moon. You can choose when to place water beneath the Moon, depending on your intention. You can even pack an extra punch by placing it under the Moon during an eclipse, meteor showers, or monthly Full Moons for specific intentions or manifestations. Here’s a quick guide for your reference.
New Moon Spiritual Intentions: You can still charge water beneath a full moon because it is still there even if you can’t physically see it.
- Fresh starts
- Setting Intentions and Manifestations
- Shadow work and self-development
Waxing Moon Spiritual Intentions
- Taking Action
- Starting New Projects
Full Moon Spiritual Intentions
- Goals Coming to Fruition
- Charging items
Waning Moon Spiritual Intentions
- Letting Go
- Internal Work and Reflection
How to make moon water:
- Fill a glass container (or non-plastic vessel) with water of your choice. This is a sacred and spiritual practice, so remember to slow down and focus on your intentions and how you plan to use your Moon Water.
- Take a moment to meditate quietly with the container of water close to your heart. Visualize your hands sending warm loving thoughts into the container. Focus and fill it up with your gratitude and kind reflections.
- If you’d like, you can write your intentions on a piece of paper and place them underneath your container. Get creative and draw your own unique sign in placing a crystal to increase intentions as well.
- Once finished, leave your container to soak up the energy and light of the Moon. Remember to thank the Moon and show her your gratitude for her lovely and beautiful energy. Collect your jar the next morning before the sun rises.
Here are ways to create aspirations, inspirations and manifest your inner goddess:
Here are a few positive mantras you can chant as you smoke-cleanse or even just going to bed, before a yoga class (if you participate in this), and meditation. Short and simple.
Four corners spirit spell: Palo Santo Stick, water & some sea salt added together. Anoint your forehead with a sprinkle of the water and sprinkle some at your front door. Lite your smokebundle.
🥀Spirits of the EAST you bring the rising sun. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with GRACE. Sprinkle water to the EAST.
🥀Spirits of the SOUTH, you bring us heat and rain. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with LIGHT. Sprinkle water to the SOUTH.
🥀Spirits of the WEST, you bring us moon and stars. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with LOVE. Sprinkle water to the WEST.
🥀Spirits of the NORTH, you bring us air and winds. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with JOY. Sprinkle some water to the NORTH.
🥀Now lite your smokebundle, with the water& salt bring this to all four corners of your home, sprinkle some water and allow the smoke to waft around the corners. End this with thanks the powers of direction for their help.
🥀Energies of the EAST (change it for each corner) I thank you for your eternal wisdom & sacred support. We are grateful for your power divine.
Mantras for Smoke Cleansing:
- I cleanse my home of any heaviness and negativity.
- I live in harmony of mind, body, and spirit.
- I am grateful for health, abundance, and happiness.
- I release all energies that do not serve me.
- I release conditioned patterns, and trust the Universe and my intuition to guide me.
- I release any worry from my body and my home.
- I am filled with love, light, and peace.
- I release attachment and call-in freedom.
- I ask my positive spiritual energies to help me through my struggles and I ask them to give me guidance.
Prayers for Abundance:
- Thank you, Universe, for giving me all that I have. I trust you will provide me with what I need when I need it.
- Universe, I am open to creative opportunities for financial abundance. I am ready and willing to pursue new avenues for earning money.
- Universe, I trust you are leading me toward a life filled with abundance. I step back and let you lead the way. Show me the way.
- Universe, I surrender my desires, agenda, and timelines to you. I trust you are leading me toward solutions of the highest good for all.
- Gratitude clears the path to my desires. When I am grateful for what I already have, I can attract more of what I want.
- Universe, heal this habit of fear in me. I choose to focus my attention on what I do have rather than what I don’t have.
- Universe, I invite you to come and rearrange my limiting beliefs on money so I can live an abundant life.
- Thank you, Universe, for helping me see this obstacle as an opportunity. I will step back and let you lead the way.
- Universe, help me see beyond my limitations. Expand my perceptions so that I can make spiritually-aligned choices.
With so much love & light to you all,