Hmm… first a cup of coffee with the design of a heart… to me signifies 💗 and loyalty.
I have been sharing with you all my love for coffee and essential oils…. today I am going to speak about the essential oils I use and their benefits.
Essential oils have beautiful aromas, are from our earth and have medical benefits. Herbalists have been around for centuries, in some centuries they were even accused of being witches and often burned to death.
Many individuals are wary of implementing herbs, and essential oils that have so many natural benefits but we are more then willing to take pharmaceutical drugs, that often come with side effects and can be highly addictive.
Did you know this earth has created an abundance of remedies for all of us to use? Here is an example, prior to me jumping into which herbs help with anxiety and depression…
The poppy flower which produces poppy seeds and has been harvested for thousands of years. The poppy seed has many natural uses: it’s where we get our pain medicine from, used in foods, opium and honey mixture to calm crying babies are a few of its remedies. Yes…. the seeds can be manipulated into heroin through a traditional, labor-intensive method of obtaining the latex, which is to scratch (“score”) the immature seed pods (fruits) by hand; the latex leaks out and dries to a sticky yellowish residue that is later scraped off and dehydrated… which is then made into heroin….. AGAIN…. this comes from our earth!!!! Which actually makes our pain medicine such; morphine.
So here are essential oils that I use in a diffuser and as home remedies:
- Lavender: Helps navigate anxiety through calming the nervous system. These creates inner peace, promotes sleep, settles irritability, reduces panic attacks and creates peace in your
- Roses: Creates love, brings in happiness and calms the soul. It helps relieve anxiety and depression, helping with panic attacks, grieving and shock.
- Vetiver: Helps bring a tranquil soul, grounding, reassuring energy, often used in trauma helping with self-awareness, calmness and stabilization. A nervous system tonic, it decreases jitteriness and hypersensitivity and is also useful in panic attacks and shock.
- Ylang Ylang: Helps with cheerfulness, courage, optimism and soothes fearfulness. It may calm heart agitation and nervous palpitations and is a moderately strong sedative, which can help with insomnia.
- Bergamot: Helps calm and often used to treat depression by providing energy; however, it can also help with insomnia induce relaxation and reduce agitation.
- Chamomile: A peaceful, calming scent. Brings in harmony and decreases irritability, overthinking, anxiety & worry.