Florida water is a plant based cologne made by infusing flowers, herbs, and spices in alcohol. Because it carries the essence of the plants, it’s often used like holy water to cleanse spaces, purify intentions, and enhance spiritual practices.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 orange peel
- 1 lemon peel
- A handful or two of fresh herbs of your choosing (i.e., mint or basil or rosemary or all)
- 1 cinnamon stick or a handful of cloves (optional)
- Fill the jar half way with distilled water not tap water and add of your ingredients and then fill the rest of the jar with vodka.
- Combine all your ingredients into a amber glass container and seal it.
- Replace the lid and gently swirl to combine. Store in a cool, dark pantry or cupboard for 40 days, shaking once a day.
- Strain the ingredients through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer and store the Florida Water in an airtight glass bottle.
- Crystals can be used to amplify the water’s energetic properties. After making your Florida Water and straining out the herbs, place 1 to 2 water-safe crystals (amethyst, quartz, citrine, carnelian, or obsidian) in the water overnight. In the morning, remove the crystals and your energetically charged Florida Water is ready to use.
The uses of your Florida water:
- Offer it to your ancestors or guides on your altar in a bowl.
- Have some in a bowl nearby when communing with ancestors or guides and asking them for advice.
- Place a small bowl of Florida water on your altar as an offering of self-love.
- Wipe your mirror with diluted Florida water, and then do a self love ritual of your choosing in front of the mirror.
- Energetically cleanse yourself with Florida water by spraying it around you or putting a bit on your wrists.
- Energetically (and literally) cleanse ritual tools like your crystals with a bit of diluted Florida water to give them a refresh.
- Use it to cleanse your altar and anything on it by diluting some with water in a spray bottle and spraying on your altar, then wiping down.
I hope you enjoyed this information sharing blog! May you always find your light burning, may you always feel enlightened, may you always be able to find your peace and balance!