Hello my Readers!
I have been on a journey since I created the blog and have ended up running my own spiritual shop. I am still working with young people in mental health and will continue to share info. I have not been on as frequent and truly time has not allotted me to do everything plus have time for MYSELF!
I have always struggled with mainstream religion, as I feel it is ultimately used to manipulate humanity. In saying this I do believe in Mother Nature, Earth, Creator, Universe and all of its wonders! The magic is all around us and it’s beauty is pure but religion is not pure in my eyes due to the fact they inform you, who you should be, act, and dictate the rules & orders and so forth. I have branched off in embracing Universal Creed and embracing just nature as the answers are right there for us all.
I have deeply connected with the MOON and the SUN. Most of us pass our days without a thought of their presence and great powers. The Old farmers Almanac is based on astrological knowledge to help guide the farming season.
Let’s begin understand the phases of the moon! The lunar cycle begins when the moon lies between the sun & the earth so the illuminated side cannot be seen from the earth. The moon gradually waxes until it has moved to the opposite side of the earth, and its kit faces us in the full moon phase. The entire cycle takes one month as the moon orbits the earth. As I have said the EARTH is so MAGICKAL.
Moon Phases and it’s magick:
- Phases 1: New Moon: This is a chance at a new beginning. It goes you a fresh start and you should set your intentions towards what you would like to change, do or include. This is as simple as having moved to a new city and wanting to make new friends, well during the New Moon is the perfect time set that intention. (Gather a colour of any size, your favourite incense, on a new moon possibly on Friday Freya’s as this Goddess is ruled by Venus which brings in fun, love, and good times. Light your candles and incense, inhale the smoke with 5 breaths. Say out loud: I call upon you, friend Freya, to fill my life with love & joy. I call upon you GODDESS, To bring unto me that which I enjoy in the form of people, wise and kind. This I ask and give thanks for, blessed be)
- Phase 2: Waxing Crescent: This phase actually happens 7 days before and after the New Moon. This is the time for productivity and creating positive energy. During this phase you most likely felt the urge to do, make changes or cleanse your space. You may have just not notice!
- Phase 3: First Quarter Moon: This is when you feel stronger vibrations, intentions and intuition. If you were to stand soaking the moonlight you would feel the connection of the Moon’s vibration stir your energies, singing to our flowers and herbs. They grow through not only the sun but by the moonlight shining on them through the dark evening.
- Phase 4: Waxing Gibbous: You will feel an increasing excitement and energy. In this phase you should celebrate the growing light, new growth, positive change and setting intentions. (Mantra: Good gods and goddess, giver of all fruits of this earth, Thank you for all bounty, beauty, and well-being. Bless all who give and receive these gifts. I am made of sacred earth, purest water, sacred fore, and wildest wind. Blessings upon me. Blessings upon we and thee. So mote it be)
- Phase 5: Full Moon: It is a great teacher and with great messages each moth for us all. This is when you should practise gratitude and letting go of what no longer serves you. This is when you should recharge your crystals, make moon water, and use your smoke bundle outside under the moonlight and be with Mother Earth. (Make a tea with 1 teaspoon of each: fresh ginger/jasmine leaves/peppermint leaves. Infuse all of these in a teapot and have a warm cup of this infusion. Step outside under the moonlight at midnight and have our tea under this enchanted hour in the company of the Full moon)
- Phase 6: Waning Gibbous: This is the moment of reflection, understanding lessons given throughout this month. Make the changes needed and adjust what is needed during this time in the cycle of the moon phases. You will feel strength through this and calmness in your heart (Place three drops of lavender/ 2 of rosemary/ 3 of bergamot/ 2 of jasmine and place in a carrier oil. Then use this tincture during this phase on your wrists, behind your ear lobe, base of your neck and behind your knees. Close your eyes as you stare into the moon and chant: Bright moon goddess, eternal and wise, give your strength to me now. As I breathe, you are alive in me for this night. Health to all, calm to me. so mote it be)
- Phase 7: Last (third) quarter Moon: This is the time to acknowledge release, forgiveness and understand that life is not perfect. This is the time to cleanse space at home as well as yourself. Making your own smoke bundles with evergreens/herbs/flowers that connect with you or connect with those who create these smokebundles authentically and not in mass form as they lose the intentions of love and genuineness. This is a time to forgive all people, rid of negativity, letting go as LIFE is short. Pay attention when we are in this moon phase as you will notice that is when you are much more forgiving and making amends with friends and loved ones. (Gather a purple candle/hibiscus essential oil and bouquet of purple flowers: On a Monday at midnight place a few drops of the essential oil in your candle and light your candle. Place your bouquet of flowers by the candle. Chant: Any care and despair begone. here with the mountain, the river, the tree, the grass and the moon. I receive my strength from nature and she is my centre. Tomorrow and the next, all gladness will enter. Harm to none, only good)
- Phase 8: Waning Crescent: This is when the cycle ends and restarts. This is when you sit in darkness and reflect on the months journey. Listen to your heart and align your journey with your goals. You need to look at releasing anything that no longer resinates with you, may that be friends/family or a job. Create a plan to accomplish big changes gradually and to avoid lots of stress/anxiety. Embrace the mindfulness of gratitude, listening to positive music, creating affirmations, embracing positivity and a rejuvenated attitude for the beginning of the new phase.
I will leave you with a meditation to listen to throughout the days, weeks and months. The power of through any difficulty is through us. We are truly the magick and are powerful in making the necessary changes to our lives no matter how difficult. It definitely does not mean it will be easy but it will be worth it. This is a magical world, you need to intently see, hear and listen as the earth whispers to us all their messages for us.
I hope you enjoy this different blog that is bridging the context of my Instagram & Etsy shop! Make Monday the beginning of a new journey that embraces kindness, love and patience with others!
With Love & Light,