We speak a lot about self care today. It is important to create a self care routine because it balances you as a human. It helps you to recognize your struggles and make changes needed. Self care is connected to our shadow work which, is always working on your SHIT, as there is no one person that walks this earth that is perfect. It is extremely important to understand you are still a part of the society you are growing up in and needing to adapt to that is as important to our whole being.
At times, I believe we confuse self care and self love with that we get to do whatever we want and its all about ourselves, NO, that is not true. We are among nature and mother earth, that alone tells you we are a community and rely on each other. I had a conversation with a young adult who stated to me, “North America is a toxic environment as people have no real connections. This is a melting pot with no culture or identity which tries to mold us all into one race. Anyone who thinks differently is outcasted or has addiction issues. “ They also stated that within the world of addiction it is not someone just craving substances but the community thats created as once you are sober you are majority of the time doing your own thing.
This is why I bring up the conversation of self care and the connection of community. We are here to make a better version of ourselves for those around us and for ourselves but not SOLELY just you… as that creates a narcissistic person. I see the excuse used, I can’t help others right now or be involved for community as I am working on myself or I have a family. I see through that and if we are honest with what we see around us, there is an increase of narcissism which is why many during these two years were left on their own. These two years, community was not created that is for sure but many of those protests that people bash definitely tried to do that! I ask you rethink about, “What is self care?”
Beginning the sessions of self care: “Home is where the heart is.” A place filled with people and possessions you love. But too often people hold onto stuff they do not need, use or cherish. So how are you going to change your home into your haven?
Looking through fresh eyes what would you need to change in your home to have it reflect your personality, interest and lifestyle. Do this without judgment and allow this to help you place some perspectives.
What would you change to make it the home you desire? Make a list…
Many people tend to hoard, and hold onto things that is unnecessary and clutter puts your mood in a discomfort. We are going into Beltane which always recommends a good spring cleaning. This also helps declutter your mind and creates a stable spirit. Write a mission statement, including the benefits of an uncluttered life, can be a great motivational tool.
Write done reasons to live a clutter free life: make a list and start here. This can be at times an overwhelming feeling. Focus on one category at a time and allow yourself to let go, its the beginning of decluttering our minds! Lets begin here!
I also recommend creating a spiritual cleanse within your home and self. This creates a positive ritual and connects you with our mother earth who will always protect your journey and make you grounded. We need to go back to our land and love the magick it brings us everyday. Sing or speak to your birds as they listen. Going into spring:
🕯Ostara, or the Spring Equinox here in the Northern Hemisphere, is the first of the quarter days, which marks the second of the spring holidays (the mid-point between Imbolc and Beltane).
🕯Ostara is traditionally celebrated on the day of the Vernal Equinox, determined by when the Sun is directly over the earth’s equator (this date may range from March 19th through March 22nd each year depending on the Sun’s position).
🕯Modern Ostara celebrations stem from the contemporary Wheel of the Year, where Ostara is associated with.
🕯Spring Equinox and is celebrated as a time of new beginnings and the re-emergence of life after the depth of winter.
🕯This is a time to start new beginnings, bring in light & love into your hearth. To cleanse the old and bring the new, sense of renewal. Its a time to rebirth and balance your spirit in celebration of all that is green! Crystals to carry: rose quartz, amethyst, snd jaspers.
Create a nature altar through gathering all your greens and manifesting a wreath or walking among nature or spring cleaning & home blessing or embrace fresh honey! 🏹🖤🕯💜🕯💜
Cauldrons: It is a symbol of rebirth, transformation, and wisdom. Linked to the goddess, Cerridwem, Taliesin and Dagda. Cauldrons have always been magical in bringing friends & families together to celebrate festivals & events & magick. It is created in a cast iron that has been used for decades and is long lasting as is LOVE. Cauldrons have been reclaimed by witches that create magical moments by connecting through their creativity, herbal magick and celebrating humanity first. The world of witches wholeheartedly believes in connection & community.
Lets now manifest through the goddess mentioned here:
- Cerridwern: This Celtic goddess was multifaceted.She rules the moon, magick, nature, and astrology. She will always nourish you through embracing the magick of the cauldron.
- Dagda: In Celtic mythology, Irish god of fertility; husband of Brigit or a goddess. He possessed a magic cauldron that could feed the whole earth. Sometimes he is called the Lord of Great Knowledge because he possessed all wisdom.
- Taliesin: Cerridewern, mother of the poet Taliesin (and perhaps therefore a patroness of poets). She possesses a cauldron in which a magical wisdom-granting brew can be concocted. Taliesin is a mythical figure, and one of the greatest Welsh poets. The story of the mythical Taliesin – whose name means “Radiant Brow” shows the esoteric arts of poetry-to stir the cauldron of inspiration.
Here are many ways to use a cauldron:
How to burn incense, in a cauldron on a charcoal disc: Fill a heat proof incense bowl or censer with something like sand or split. This will provide some much-needed insulation for your burner. Charcoal can burn at a high temp. Form a cone shape with whatever medium you filled your burner and place the charcoal tablet at the peak. This will allow air to flow around the charcoal. Place a charcoal tablet on the sand and light the edge. If it’s self-igniting charcoal you will see tiny sparks as you light it and it will ignite quickly so never hold it in your hand! If you need to hold the charcoal over an open flame to ignite it, use tweezers or tongs to hold it. Place your charcoal in your burner with the hollow facing up. Use the “bowl” to hold your incense ingredients. Wait until the charcoal is glowing red hot and is covered with greyish-white ash. When ready sprinkle a pinch or two of incense (e.g., resin, dried herbs, etc.) directly on top of the hot charcoal. The incense will begin to smoulder. Be careful not to place too much incense on the charcoal or you may smother it and you’ll have to start over. When the smoke begins to thin out, add more incense. The charcoal will stay hot enough to burn incense for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Moon Water is considered magical and sacred for pagans, witches, and anyone interested in Nature Spirituality. It’s similar to consecrated Holy Water in Christianity and is frequently used for cleansing and purifying rituals. There is a delicate and intimate connection between the Moon and water. Up to 60% of the human adult body is made up of water, and the Moon can affect our body the same way it does the ocean’s tides and the weather. Moon Water is any water that has absorbed the energy of the Moon during ANY phase, although it’s most popular to place it beneath a Full Moon. You can choose when to place water beneath the Moon, depending on your intention. You can even pack an extra punch by placing it under the Moon during an eclipse, meteor showers, or monthly Full Moons for specific intentions or manifestations. Here’s a quick guide for your reference.
New Moon Spiritual Intentions: You can still charge water beneath a full moon because it is still there even if you can’t physically see it.
- Fresh starts
- Setting Intentions and Manifestations
- Shadow work and self-development
Waxing Moon Spiritual Intentions
- Taking Action
- Starting New Projects
Full Moon Spiritual Intentions
- Goals Coming to Fruition
- Charging items
Waning Moon Spiritual Intentions
- Letting Go
- Internal Work and Reflection
How to make moon water:
- Fill a glass container (or non-plastic vessel) with water of your choice. This is a sacred and spiritual practice, so remember to slow down and focus on your intentions and how you plan to use your Moon Water.
- Take a moment to meditate quietly with the container of water close to your heart. Visualize your hands sending warm loving thoughts into the container. Focus and fill it up with your gratitude and kind reflections.
- If you’d like, you can write your intentions on a piece of paper and place them underneath your container. Get creative and draw your own unique sign in placing a crystal to increase intentions as well.
- Once finished, leave your container to soak up the energy and light of the Moon. Remember to thank the Moon and show her your gratitude for her lovely and beautiful energy. Collect your jar the next morning before the sun rises.
Here are ways to create aspirations, inspirations and manifest your inner goddess:
Here are a few positive mantras you can chant as you smoke-cleanse or even just going to bed, before a yoga class (if you participate in this), and meditation. Short and simple.
Four corners spirit spell: Palo Santo Stick, water & some sea salt added together. Anoint your forehead with a sprinkle of the water and sprinkle some at your front door. Lite your smokebundle.
🥀Spirits of the EAST you bring the rising sun. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with GRACE. Sprinkle water to the EAST.
🥀Spirits of the SOUTH, you bring us heat and rain. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with LIGHT. Sprinkle water to the SOUTH.
🥀Spirits of the WEST, you bring us moon and stars. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with LOVE. Sprinkle water to the WEST.
🥀Spirits of the NORTH, you bring us air and winds. I call upon you for new energy. Purify this space and fill it with JOY. Sprinkle some water to the NORTH.
🥀Now lite your smokebundle, with the water& salt bring this to all four corners of your home, sprinkle some water and allow the smoke to waft around the corners. End this with thanks the powers of direction for their help.
🥀Energies of the EAST (change it for each corner) I thank you for your eternal wisdom & sacred support. We are grateful for your power divine.
Mantras for Smoke Cleansing:
- I cleanse my home of any heaviness and negativity.
- I live in harmony of mind, body, and spirit.
- I am grateful for health, abundance, and happiness.
- I release all energies that do not serve me.
- I release conditioned patterns, and trust the Universe and my intuition to guide me.
- I release any worry from my body and my home.
- I am filled with love, light, and peace.
- I release attachment and call-in freedom.
- I ask my positive spiritual energies to help me through my struggles and I ask them to give me guidance.
Prayers for Abundance:
- Thank you, Universe, for giving me all that I have. I trust you will provide me with what I need when I need it.
- Universe, I am open to creative opportunities for financial abundance. I am ready and willing to pursue new avenues for earning money.
- Universe, I trust you are leading me toward a life filled with abundance. I step back and let you lead the way. Show me the way.
- Universe, I surrender my desires, agenda, and timelines to you. I trust you are leading me toward solutions of the highest good for all.
- Gratitude clears the path to my desires. When I am grateful for what I already have, I can attract more of what I want.
- Universe, heal this habit of fear in me. I choose to focus my attention on what I do have rather than what I don’t have.
- Universe, I invite you to come and rearrange my limiting beliefs on money so I can live an abundant life.
- Thank you, Universe, for helping me see this obstacle as an opportunity. I will step back and let you lead the way.
- Universe, help me see beyond my limitations. Expand my perceptions so that I can make spiritually-aligned choices.
With so much love & light to you all,
I am writing about floral magic which ties into my ETSY shop that focuses on healing, manifesting positive intentions, and creating a magical space to battle the war on our spirituality.
I am a spiritual individual who is connected with flowers, nature and water. I love being by water and hearing its sounds. It will calm my internal vibration instantly. I have always loved flowers because of their vibrate colours and its magical power to instantly change the ambience of a room. It brings smiles, joys and fills a room with so much love.
We are surrounded by healing properties that can uplift our souls, bring us smiles and heal us. I am going to share with you about flower essence and how you can make your own. Flowers have healing energies that can be captured in water. Flower essence helps with the emotional part of the body where as essential oils treat the physical body, it’s a huge difference.
Flower essences are ingested by the body through the mouth with two to three drops once a day. You can also drop a few drops on linens, pillow case and baths. You can also directly apply it on your wrist & temples. It is pretty magical that we have these medicine plants that many know nothing about.
I am going to share with you a simple recipe that you can do on your own.
Gather together: handful of freshly picked flowers specifically the malady you are treating, 6 pints (2.8 litres) of fresh or distilled water, organic brandy or vodka at least at 40%, large glass mixing bowl, tweezers, cheesecloth, large pitcher, green or blue sealable glass bottle.
- If you can begin in the early morning, picking your choose flowers by 9am the latest as you will still have 3 hours of sunlight just before noon.
- Put the water in a large glass bowl. To avoid touching the flowers use tweezers to gently place them on top of the water. You place the flowers until you can not see the surface and then you will leave them under the sun for 3 hours.
- Now remove the flowers, gently, and please do not touch the water. Strain the flower essence water through the cheesecloth into the large pitcher. Half fill the green/blue jar with the flower essence and top it up with brandy or vodka ( this will extend the shelf life of your flower essence unto 3 months store in a dark place.
- This becomes your mother tincture, label with date and flowers used.
- Use the rest of the flower water to water plants and complete a gratitude prayer for their beauty and healing power.
- To make a stock bottle from your other tincture fill 1oz (30ml) dropper bottle, 3/4 full of brandy then fill with spring water and add 4 drops of the mother tincture. You take 3 to 4 drops on your tongue for the day.
Floral that can be used:
- Chamomile: calms the mind, soothes, and relaxes
- Rose: brings in joy, love and peace
- Passion Flower: connects us to our higher self
- Lemon Blossom: clears away mental fog, adds focus and brings in clarity
- Hibiscus: awakens chakra points and is good for sexual healing
- Lavender: calms the mind, soothes over thinking
- Nasturtium: creates a sense of roundness, stops over thinking & worry
- Grape Hyacinth: releases past trauma and emotional wombs & reduces stress
I have embraced all of the universes medicine and herbs to help bring calmness in my life with all the changes that continue to happen in Canada.
Questions for you:
What strategies are you using to be calm?
What ways are you connecting with nature? If not why? When will you begin to implement this in your life/
How has your stress been? Are you feeling more anxious?
I want you to adjust anything this blog evoked and make some small changes so that you fill at peace with yourself and more at ease.
Mantra: Dearest goddess of us all, Mother, May this essence bring brightness like no other, Nature’s purest healing synergy, will bring to us positive new energy. Blessings to all. Blessed be me. Thank you Mother Nature.
I am grateful for mother nature and the magic she provides to us that we do not even know is there for you. I am grateful for all the beauty she provides through waterfalls, sunlight, moonlight, animals and the songs of the birds. This brings me joy everyday.